Dreaming of Deceased Friends & Loved Ones: Are They Real Visitations From the Other Side?
My Experience and How to Tell If It’s Real
As many of you know, I don’t tend to do a lot of mediumship work. I actually don’t know why because I know I can do it. I guess I just don’t really like to focus on it much … unless I really have to …
Which leads me into saying, I definitely don’t have a shortage of experience with spirits and the paranormal – I have been visited quite a few times over the years by different spirits; all usually just trying to get some messages across to their loved ones (and I’m left with the detective work to try and figure out who they were trying to reach lol!). But what about spirits of my OWN dear friends or loved ones? Have I had any encounters with them?
However, I have to be honest here and say that sadly it has only occurred with me twice in my entire life – and in both instances the spirits came to visit me in my dreamworld. (I’ve been told by other readers that my lack of visits is due to my not using my mediumship abilities in my work lol. My bad …). The first occurrence was in the summer of 2000, and it was a visit with one of my good friends Ted who passed away in a car accident. The second was just recently: about a month ago and it was a visit from my ex-husband.
In my visit with Ted, he was reassuring me that he was okay and that I needed to stop crying over him so much. And strangely, the opposite occurred with my visit with my ex: he looked at me silently with such a profound grief, regret and sadness, and he then broke down like I’ve never seen him do before – and there I was holding him, comforting him, and telling him “it’s okay, it will be all right, you’ll be okay.” In each case, right after the main message was conveyed I woke up. Obviously Ted’s intent with his visit was to comfort me and ease my grief. But with my ex, I spoke with another reader and she confirmed it: I performed an actual spirit rescue in my dream-state. It was my ex that was full of grief and couldn’t move on.
Now the main gist of this article: were those visits actually real? Can we tell the difference between a real dream visitation and that of our own imaginations?
Yes, they were real, and yes there is a huge difference between real dream visitations and dreams that we create ourselves. And I will give you the “clues” to watch out for (which were present in BOTH of my experiences). A real dream visitation will have the following:
- The person visiting you in the dream will know full well that they have died.
- If there are other people around you in the dream, they will not be able to see the person that’s visiting you.
- The dreams themselves are quite vivid and you will always remember the details – and for the rest of your life.
- A spirit usually can’t do visits of this nature for approximately one and a half months after the date of actual death (both my experiences happened in the same time frame of a month and a half after initial passing).
- You will feel and know in your heart that the dream was a real communication.
- Visitation dreams aren’t long or drawn out. They are usually simple, to the point, incredibly real, powerful, and then they are gone. Once the main reason for the visit or main message has been conveyed, that’s when you will usually wake up.
- The communication is focused on reassurance, forgiveness, healing, and to let you know they are okay. If there is some warning your loved one has for you, it too will be to the point, and then backed with reassurance and a feeling of love and support through their presence.
If this happens to you, trust that a real dream visitation has occurred; know that your loved one is well, and that even after death they offer their love, reassurance, and support from beyond the physical.
Lisa Caza, 2017